12/4/11

The Perfect One

I know, I know, there are loads of things I could talk about after ages I've been missing from the blog, but I wanna focus on something I was thinking about lately. The perfect person for each one of us. Does it really exist? Is it possible that in a world populated by billions of people, only one (or a few of them) are ment for us? I can just tell you my opinion as a straight guy, based on what I've seen so far.
When you are 10 you don't really know what love is, you don't care either. It's none of your business. You just want to keep on playing with you fuckin' toys and the only relationship you can think about is the one between your nose and your finger, wich risks to become a threesome with your brain if you keep digging.
Then you turn 15 and find out that the thing between you legs doesn't give you happy feelings just when you use it to write down your name in pee on the snow. But that's a bad period for a boy to be in love. At that age the distance between penis, heart and brain can only be measured with the help of a microscope. Sometimes you think your heart is pulsing, but you're just having a boner. Some other time you cry "because your feelings are hurt" by a girl who refused you, but you just have blue balls. Ok, ok I know it may sound rude and insensitive, but basically what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to understand love when half of your decisions are based on your hormones.
After age 15 I guess it depends on each one of us. Some of us grow up watching romantic comedies and fall in love with the first girl that remind us of Julia Roberts, 'till when we finally find out they really are like Julia Roberts, but the "Pretty Woman" version, a bunch of whores. Still too cynical? I just write what I see.
The ones that usually don't like "pretty women", become themselves menwhores. I mean that kind of  guys that sleep with everything that moves, breath and has the right amount of boobs to be considered a woman. They don't like long lasting ralationship, the intercourse it's long enough to be considered a relationship. Unfortunately for them, they all end crying for the first woman who treats them the same way.
There are a few of us that, around the age of 19, fall in love, start a long relationship that leads to the wedding at the age of 25-28. WWF is protecting them now and I guess they are all hidden somewhere in the North Pole, drinking hot chocolate and cuddlind the shit out of each other. Really, I'm sorry, but I can't help being gross.
What about the rest of us? What happens to us after we have been screwed so many times that when we just hear the word love, we instinctively put our hands behind our backs, protecting our asses?
The sad truth is that, even if most of us play the part of the tough guy who hasn't got feelings, we are all looking for the same thing: the perfect woman. It doesn't matter how bad it was to be with someone last time. We don't care if they cheated on us, turned into lesbians or else, we just wont a woman that makes us feel loved. Yeah, I said that! Yeah it's lame, but you know it's true. The only problem now is: where the fuck this ladies are? and also, are we sure we haven't found 'em already and we just screwed everything up?
We never surrend, that's the fact! Is it masochism? I don't think so. I think is just part of the pursuit of happyness. Sad to admit, but a man without a woman it's like batman without his belt: an idiot in tights. We need women, they make our lives less fucked up than they should. But still: does the perfect one exists?
I think she does, it's just hard to have the right amount of luck when we meet her and the strenght to fight for her if required by the situation. My worse nightmare is to have found her already, and to have wasted the opportunity to be perfect together.
How many perfect women will we meet in our life? I guess you are lucky if you find one in your whole life. You can fall in love how many times as you like, but if she's not the one, you'll know it from deep inside of you.
I don't know how many bullshits I wrote down tonight but now it's time to go to sleep over it, hoping she's doing the same thing somewhere in this world. I'll do my best to keep this blog updated as much as I can, have a good one folks.











No comments: